Speak Up, Long Be...
Forgot your password?
or, Sign In with:
Meeting Time: July 24, 2012 at 4:53pm PDT
Closed for Comment July 24, 2012 at 3:53pm PDT
The online Comment window has expired
Select an Agenda Item to Comment on.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
1. (12-0230) Recommendation to receive the supporting documentation into the record, conclude the hearing, consider the appeal by applicant, Joyce Frazier, and either: (1) Uphold the decision of the Planning Commission to deny a Conditional Use Permit request for the sale of beer and wine for off-site consumption (Type 20 license) at an existing convenience store located at 1030 East Pacific Coast Highway within the Commercial Highway zone; or (2) Approve the Conditional Use Permit request for the sale of beer and wine for off-site consumption (Type 20 license) at an existing convenience store located at 1030 East Pacific Coast Highway within the Commercial Highway zone. (District 6)
2. (12-0599) Recommendation to receive supporting documentation into the record, conclude the hearing and deny the Permit on the application of Panama Joe's, Inc., dba Panama Joe's Cafe, 5100 E. 2nd Street, for Entertainment With Dancing by Patrons. (District 3)
3. (12-0595) Recommendation to authorize City Attorney to submit Stipulations with Request for Award for approval by the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, and if so approved, authority to pay (1) $203,728.98 for Stipulations with Request for Award, and also (2) to pay $185.54 per week thereafter for a Life Pension, which is subject to cost of living adjustments to be determined by the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, in compliance with the Appeals Board Order for Mark Boone.
4. (12-0596) Recommendation to authorize City Attorney to pay the sum of $8,000 in full and final resolution of lawsuit entitled Castaneda, et al. v. COLB, et al.; the sum of $7,380 in full settlement of lawsuit entitled Jesus Gonzalez v. City of Long Beach et al., Case No. 12S00785; the sum of $9,000 in full settlement of lawsuit entitled Kabbaj v. City of Long Beach, et al. Case No. NC056728; the sum of $650,000 in full settlement of the lawsuit entitled Macey Taylor Kibbee v City of Long Beach et al., Case No. NC055238 and the sum of $10,500 in full settlement of lawsuit entitled Miguel Angel Solis v. City of Long Beach, et al.
5. (12-0571) Recommendation to adopt resolution ordering, calling and providing for and giving notice of a Special Municipal Election to be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012, for the purpose of submitting a ballot proposition to a vote of the qualified electors of the City;
(12-0622) Adopt resolution requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles to authorize and order the consolidation of a Citywide Special Municipal Election with the Statewide General Election to be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012, and determining and declaring the City will pay to the County reasonable and actual expenses incurred by the County on account of the consolidation of this Election; and
(12-0623) Adopt resolution requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of Los Angeles to render specified services to the City relating to the conduct of a Special Municipal Election to be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
6. (12-0597) Recommendation to approve the minutes for the City Council meetings of Tuesday, July 3 and 10, 2012, and City Council Budget meeting of Tuesday, July 3, 2012.
7. (12-0598) Recommendation to refer to City Attorney damage claims received between July 2, 2012 and July 16, 2012.
8. (12-0601) Recommendation to authorize Department of Development Services to process a refund in the amount of $10,537 to Lyon Communities for the property located at 6701 East Pacific Coast Highway. (District 3)
9. (12-0602) Recommendation to authorize City Manager to execute all documents with Kaiser Permanente to accept a grant award in the amount of $15,000 for a period of one year to disseminate the Violence Prevention Plan Community Survey; authorize City Manager to execute any and all necessary documents for the implementation and administration of the grant; and increase appropriations in the Community Development Grants Fund (SR 150) in the Department of Development Services (DV) by $15,000. (Citywide)
Terms and Conditions
© 2019 Granicus